TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Overview-Class Calendars
- Security-Class Calendars
- Adding a Class Calendar
- Mass Select Dates
- Edit Calendar
- Assign Class Calendar to a Section
- Assign Class Calendar to a Teacher
- Overview-Weekly Instructional Minutes
- Security-Instructional Minutes Certification
- Weekly Instructional Minutes-Secondary
- Weekly Instructional Minutes-Elementary
- Weekly Instructional Minutes-Admin
- Query Change Options
- Potential Issues
Overview-Class Calendars ↑
Security-Class Calendars ↑
Adding a Class Calendar ↑
Mass Select Dates ↑
- Mon-Fri: Select the pattern for the days of the week the class will meet using the options set below.
- Date range: The range of dates you want to effect with theses changes.*
Once the main pattern is set, individual days can be changed by clicking on the Edit Calendar button.
After the Class Calendars are set up, they can be used in conjunction with the Teacher Portal to display a Weekly Instructional Minutes page for the teachers to use to record instructional time.
Edit Calendar ↑
NOTE: When using the Edit Calendar feature, it opens up ALL the calendar dates and options. Be aware that ANY changes are saved automatically, and can't be abandoned or undone. Although there is no Print button at this time, you can right-click on the Class Calendar and choose Print from the sub-menu.
For the teachers to utilize this feature in a school with a Master Schedule, a Class Calendar needs to be attached to the Master Schedule section for secondary schools. For elementary schools, the class calendar needs to be attached to the Teacher's record.
Assign Class Calendar to a Section ↑
To Add a Class Calendar to a section, in
in Change mode select a Class Calendar from the dropdown list and then click on Save.
After a Class Calendar has been attached to a Section, the View Calendar link can be used to see the details of the attached Calendar.
Assign Class Calendar to a Teacher ↑
In a school with no Master Schedule such as an Elementary school, the Class Calendar needs to be attached to the Teacher (TCH) record in order to make the Class Calendar available to the teacher in the Portal.
Overview-Weekly Instructional Minutes ↑
The Weekly Instructional Minutes process is designed to work in conjunction with Class Calendars to document what learning modes were offered to students each day, and allow teachers to complete a weekly certification of Instructional minutes, as required by SB-98.
The Weekly Instructional Minutes page can be found in the Teacher Portal on the Navigation menu or by filtering for the word Weekly. This is only available in the Teacher Portal at this time.
Security-Instructional Minutes Certification ↑
The information submitted on the Weekly Instructional Minutes page is stored in the IMC table. In order for teachers to access this page in the Teacher Portal the appropriate permissions need to be added to the Teacher's Portal Group(s) in Security. To access the Portal Groups page, filter by portal or navigate to Security > Portal Groups. The Teacher Group will need full access to the Instructional Minutes Certification (IMC) table.
Also, office staff with User accounts who need the ability to view and/or edit the Teacher Weekly Instructional Minutes Certification page will need proper permissions to the IMC table, as shown above.
Weekly Instructional Minutes-Secondary ↑
When the teacher selects this page they will see the Class Calendar information associated with each of their sections.
The Weekly dates display in descending order on this page. Use the scroll menu to access past weeks. Future weeks are NOT available, as teachers cannot certify something that hasn't happened yet.
In the Instructional Minutes Per Class area the teachers can select either Full or Other. The teacher can mark the Full option to indicate that the full or entire instructional minutes were met for that section for that week.
The teacher also has an Other option. Selecting this option requires the teacher to enter a note about the instructional minutes for that week. This note will be reviewed in the event this teacher is selected during the Audit process.
After the teacher selects Full or Other for a week, they click on Save and Certify. This will save the entered information.
A certified message will then display for that week.
If changes need to be made if a week has already been marked Certified, clicking on the Edit button will de-certify the week. Once changes are made, the teacher will need to click the Save and Certify button. The log will be updated with the new Date and time.
Weekly Instructional Minutes-Elementary ↑
For Elementary schools (without MST) the process is very similar, however they will only have one class to certify each week.
Weekly Instructional Minutes-Admin ↑
Query Change Options ↑
- LIST CCL SC YR STI DE
For schools with a Master Schedule:
- CHANGE MST CSQ TO # IF CN = "xxxx"
- CHANGE MST CSQ TO # IF PD = #
- LIST MST CSQ SE MST.PD MST.SM MST.DY MST.CN MST.TN
For schools without a Master schedule:
- CHANGE TCH CSQ TO # IF TS > 0 AND TN = #
Potential Issues ↑
- The teacher is getting the message "Class Calendar is not Defined." I did create a class calendar already, what could be causing this message?
- Make sure the Class Calendar has school days added to it. When a calendar is first created, the days are all displayed without a checkbox in each potential school day. Please review the section above on how to Mass Add Dates to add to the calendar.
- Make sure the Class Calendar has been assigned to the actual teacher in question. Please review the sections above on how to assign a Class Calendar to a teacher or section.
- The teacher is getting the message "No class" I did create a class calendar already, and assigned it to the teacher. What could be causing this message?
1. If a Class Calendar has been created, but no Instructional Mode is selected to occur on those days, the Weekly Instructional Minutes form for the teacher will display "No Class". Please choose all the instructional mode(s) that will occur on that school day.