The Transcript Indicator Definitions page allows the customization of course indicators to be added to student transcripts, based on values of specific fields in either the Course table (CRS), Transcript table (HIS) or Course Characteristics table (CCH). This definitions page is found under the District level under the Grade Reporting section under Configurations node.
The TEA Minimum Standards for the Academic Achievement Record guidelines allow for the use of Special Explanation Codes on student transcripts. In Aeries, the Transcript Indicator Definitions page allows you to map local codes to those authorized by the state and add additional local codes.
For example, if the student is taking a course where the Course Level (CRS.CL) is set to 37 (International Baccalaureate (IB) - Higher Level), and if that course characteristic is mapped to a local indicator (e.g., B - IB Course), the local code (B) will be displayed in the Transcript Indicators column. The Explanation for the local code (B = IB Course) will appear in the Transcript Indicators Legend on the Transcripts page, whether or not the student has the indicator.
Transcript Indicators must be set at the district level, since transcripts can have courses taken at different schools. They can be set on a single field in either the Course table (CRS), Course History table (HIS) or Course Characteristics table (CCH). See more information on Course Characteristics here: Courses - General Information
To add a new item, click on the Add button on the top right of the Indicator Mappings header bar.
The transcript indicators are stored in the XRF table
- Indicators: Type one alphanumeric character indicating the district's local code => Mapped to XRF.CD
- Explanation: Type the description of indicator which will appear in the Transcript Indicators Legend => Mapped to XRF.DE
- Table: Select the table to use in the comparison. Select CRS for the Course table, HIS for the Transcript table, or CHH for the Course Characteristics table => Mapped to XRF.TC1
- Field: Select the field from the table to use in comparison => Mapped to XRF.FC1
- Comparison: Choose comparison type => Mapped to XRF.SI
- Equals (=)
- Not Equals (<>)
- Greater Than (>) -Numeric values
- Less Than (<) -Numeric values
- Does Not Contain
- Starts With
- Does Not Start With
- Ends With
- Does Not End With
- Value: Type the value to be used in comparison => Mapped to XRF.CD1
- State Code: Select the state-defined code that corresponds to the local Indicator.
To edit an existing indicator, click on the Pencil icon and make the changes. Be sure to click on the diskette icon to save the changes, or the circular arrow to return the the existing settings.
The transcript Indicators are displayed in the Indicators column on the student's transcript page. A Transcript Indicators Legend is displayed at the bottom of the page which includes all existing indicators.
NOTE: Transcript Indicators will display for admin type role automatically on the transcript page. User accounts will need READ permissions to the following tables: CRS, HIS and XRF.
The new indicators will only print on the new 1-column enhanced transcript style. At the school level, each Transcript Definition sets the Transcript Style on the General tab. Here is a link to the options for that transcript style: Transcript Design Options - Enhanced (1-Column) Style
An admin type role will automatically have the permissions to run these functions. These configurations MUST be set at the District level, since the student's transcript may contain courses from several schools, so the indicators are the same for every secondary school in the district.