The CCGI Extract page allows a district to extract data from Aeries™ that includes student demographic data, transcript data and college testing data. The extract creates five files that follow the CCGI extract guidelines. This information can then be uploaded to the California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI) as an electronic transcript.
The CCGI Extract page is available while logged into District Aeries. The extract includes active students in grades 6 through 12 and can be created several times per school year.
The last tab on the CCGI Extract page includes requirements and reminders to ensure a successful upload to CCGI:
- A College Board (CEEB)/ATP code must be assigned to any school that will be included in the extract files. In addition all high schools should have a College Board (CEEB/ATP) code to populate the ATP code field in the Course Grade extract. If middle or elementary schools are going to be extracted they can have a College Board code of '111111'.
- Parental Authorization MUST be received and flagged in a field in STU, SUP or the AUT tables prior to generating the CCGI extract in order for students to have any transcript or testing data loaded to their CalColleges.edu portfolio. The following areas can be used to flag Parental Consent:
- State Standard 3-character race codes must be used.
- Verify that ALL schools used in Course History (i.e., in the transcripts) are set up in the Course History Institutions page (CHI table). High schools in the Course History Institutions (CHI) need to have a valid CDS code.
- Verify that grades have been rolled into history (i.e., that recently received GRD records have been rolled into HIS).
- If College Entrance Test scores are extracted, then correct test codes MUST be set up and loaded into the College Entrance Tests (CTS) page.
- Always recalculate the Cumulative GPA's and class ranking prior to creating a new extract file.
- Review/update the Term Codes on the CCGI Basic Info tab to ensure that they are mapped to the correct college term definition and that the correct terms are selected as Work In Progress depending on the time of year when the extract is run.
- An ID and Password are required to access and load the new files to the CCGI secure FTP. Please contact CCGI for this.
- Upload the files to the CCGI FTP web site. Please contact CCGI for more information.
NOTE: The downloaded files can then be imported as they are into CCGI's secure FTP site. There is no need to copy and paste the data into a new template file, the files can be used in their original state. Also, the files are named using CCGI's naming convention: DistrictName_FileTypeTemplate_YYYYMMDD.csv (for example, EagleUnifiedSchoolDistrict_StudentTemplate_20200226). Please do not rename the file before uploading it to CCGI.