This article details all available settings that can be set in the AeriesReportingConfig.config file for Aeries. This file must be saved in two locations:
- A Virtual Directory (AppSettings) located within the website in IIS. The physical directory should be located in some other location on the web server file system and NOT within the inetpub or website folders. Typically this is located at C:\AppSettings.
- The Aeries Reporting Service directory on the Aeries Reporting server. Typically this is located at C:\AeriesReporting\Service.
Authorized users can download the template AeriesReportingConfig file from the Updates area of the main aeries.com website. The file is located under the Aeries Web tab.
Note: certain elements in the config file are case-sensitive. Entering values in the case illustrated below is a good practice. For example, "True" may not behave the same way as "true".
Here is a sample of a valid AeriesReportingConfig.config file. Details of each setting are explained below:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <AeriesReporting> <!-- The Connection information to connect to the Reporting Server Database. --> <ReportingDatabaseSettings> <ServerName>MySQLServer</ServerName> <DatabaseName>AeriesReporting</DatabaseName> <UserName>test</UserName> <Password>test</Password> </ReportingDatabaseSettings> <!-- Message Queue Settings --> <MessageQueue> <LocalMessageQueue>.\private$\AeriesReporting</LocalMessageQueue> <RemoteMessageQueue>FormatName:DIRECT=OS:MyAeriesReportServer\private$\AeriesReporting</RemoteMessageQueue> </MessageQueue> <!-- Threading Options --> <Threads> <MessageProcessingThreads>30</MessageProcessingThreads> <ScheduledReportProcessingThreads>30</ScheduledReportProcessingThreads> <LongRunningProcessThreads>30</LongRunningProcessThreads> </Threads> <!-- SMTP Settings --> <SMTPSettings> <Port>587</Port> <Server>mail.example.com</Server> <AddressFrom>AeriesReports@example.com</AddressFrom> <RequiresAuthentication>False</RequiresAuthentication> <UserName></UserName> <Password></Password> <Domain></Domain> <UseSSL>True</UseSSL> </SMTPSettings> <!-- File Store Path --> <FileStore> <Path>\\MyAeriesReportServer\FileStore\</Path> </FileStore> <OtherSettings> <IsDemoDB>False</IsDemoDB> <VerboseLogging>True</VerboseLogging> </OtherSettings> </AeriesReporting>
Reporting Database Settings
- ServerName - The SQL Server name or IP address
- DatabaseName - The name of the Aeries Reporting database on the SQL server (usually AeriesReporting)
- UserName - The SQL login name used to connect to the AeriesReporting database. This should be the same as the login that connects to the main Aeries database, usually AeriesNetUser
- Password - The password for the SQL login
Message Queue Settings
- LocalMessageQueue - This should always be set to .\private$\AeriesReporting
- If the config file is being saved to the Aeries Reporting server, use .\private$\AeriesReporting
- If the config file is being saved to an Aeries Web AppSettings directory on a different server from the server where the Aeries Reporting Service is installed, use one of the following options
- FormatName:DIRECT=HTTP://#.#.#.#/msmq/private$\AeriesReporting (replace #.#.#.# with the IP address of the Aeries Reporting server)
- FormatName:DIRECT=OS:ServerName\private$\AeriesReporting (replace ServerName with the name of the Aeries Reporting server)
- FormatName:DIRECT=TCP:#.#.#.#\private$\AeriesReporting (replace #.#.#.# with the IP address of the Aeries Reporting server)
- MessageProcessingThreads - Leave this at the default (30)
- ScheduledReportProcessingThreads - Leave this at the default (30). Note: If your Aeries environment includes multiple servers running the Aeries Reporting Service, only one instance of the Aeries Reporting Service should be configured to run Aeries Scheduled Processes. Otherwise, conflicts may occur due to the same process being run concurrently. As a workaround, leave this setting at 30 for one server, and set it to 0 on all additional servers, and they will NOT run scheduled processes. They will only run on-demand reports and long-running processes.
- LongRunningProcessThreads - Leave this at the default (30)
These settings are explained in a separate article: Configure SMTP (Email) Settings
File Store Path
- If the config file is being saved to the Aeries Reporting server, use the local path to the FileStore directory. This is typically C:\AeriesReporting\FileStore\
- If the config file is being saved to an Aeries Web AppSettings directory on a different server from the server where the Aeries Reporting Service is installed, use the UNC path to the shared FileStore directory. (e.g., \\MyAeriesReportServer\FileStore\ ). Note that this requires appropriate file system permissions to be configured on the Aeries Reporting Server. This permissions are covered as part of a separate article.
Note: The <OtherSettings> element is entirely optional. It should only be included if one of the settings in this section is needed for your environment.
- IsDemoDB - This setting is currently for internal Aeries testing and should never be used in a production environment unless directed by an Aeries representative
- VerboseLogging - If this is set to "True", then the Aeries Reporting Service will create a log of every report and long-running process that is run. The log will include information that will be helpful for troubleshooting, such as the report name, the username, the database name, the date and time, and any error that may have occurred. The log files will be saved in the FileStore in a sub-folder named "Logs" (e.g., C:\AeriesReporting\FileStore\Logs).