Report Card History is a feature that allows schools to save a permanent, electronic copy of every report card a student receives. The Report Card History will remain with the student across multiple years and schools and can be accessed by office staff, teachers, parents and students given appropriate permissions. The Report Cards area in the Mobile Portal App includes downloadable links to the Report Card History pdfs.
The Report Card History is stored in the RCH table, and this security area is found under the Other Student Data category on the Permissions form.
Generate Report Card History
Generating the Report Card History for Standards Based Report Cards requires the same permissions as printing Standards Based Report Cards plus Update permission to Report Card History (RCH).
Each report card document will be saved to the RCH table in English and also in the student’s Correspondence Language if different from English. An email notification will be sent when the process has completed.
A Generate Report Card History button has been added to the Print Standards Based Report Cards Report Options form. Clicking this button will create or update Report Card History documents based on the options and students selected. This allows for a streamlined workflow of printing the report cards and then generating the Report Card History immediately afterward. The report card will not display the optional parent/guardian name and address block. The process ignores the option to print only one language so that each student will receive an English report card and a report card in their Correspondence Language if the report cards include translations.
NOTE: Report Card History records are uniquely identified by the combination of Student ID (RCH.ID), School (RCH.SCL), Academic Year (RCH.YR), Term/Marking Period (RCH.TM), and Report Card Type (RCH.TY). Therefore, subsequent execution of the Generate Report Card History process will overwrite existing Report Card History records where the identifying fields match. For example, a student can only have one Report Card History record for Golden Eagle Elementary School, year 2018, Trimester 2, type Standards Based Report Card. Only the most recently generated report card matching those values will be saved.
View Student Report Card History
Viewing a student’s Report Card History requires Read permission to Report Card History (RCH). The page can be found under Student Data | Grades in the navigation of the Admin and Teacher Portals and under the Grades menu of the Student and Parent Portal. The page displays a list of all of the Report Card History records that exist for the current student.
The following fields will display for each item in the Report Card History:
- School – The school where the report card was generated
- Year – The academic year when the report card was generated
- Term – The marking period and term that was active when the report card was generated. The marking period (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th) comes from the mark that is initialized when the Report Card History is generated. For Elementary Standards Based Grades, the active marking period is stored in the GBO table and is updated when the Initialize New Standards Based Grading Cycle function is run. The term (Quarter, Trimester, Semester or Term) comes from the Report Card Type set up for that grade level in the Standards Based Options - General Options tab.
- Grade – The student’s grade level at the time the report card was generated
- Type - Type of report - Standards Based Grade, Grade, or Secondary Standards Based Grade
- Report Title – For Standards Based Grades, this will simply display "Standards Based Report Cards".
- Report Card – A link to the PDF document of the report card, both in English and the student's Correspondence Language (if available/applicable)
- Date – The date the report card was generated
There is also a Report Card History area on the Home page of the Student and Parent Portal that will display if the user has Read permission to Report Card History and the student has at least one item in Report Card History. Only Report Card History for the current school year will display on the home page.
The Report Cards area in the Mobile Portal App includes downloadable links to the Report Card History pdfs.