The Period Absence Audit Report report is meant to find potential period attendance submission errors. It can be used to verify attendance anomalies and will produce a period absence report which can be used for attendance audit verification.
Navigate to Reports > Attendance > Period Absence Audit.
The options menu is extensive and this report can take up to 15 minutes to complete. Limiting the date range and options will produce faster results. Running this report on a weekly basis assists with reasonable management of period attendance data.
Report Options ↑
The options, as displayed below, will search for anomalies in teacher attendance entry. The report has several options for identifying anomalies in a student's attendance day. Selecting inactive students during the date range ensures that any attendance anomalies will also be resolved for students who may have withdrawn recently from school. Once report options have been selected, click the Run Report button.
- Limit All Day Codes- Include All-Day Validation
- Bypass Period Code Validation
- Limit Period Codes
- Present at Start of Day, then Absent
- Absent, then Present at End of Day
- Absent, then Present, then Absent
- Present, then Absent, then Present
- Limit to a Single Period Present
- Print Classes
- Include All Classes - Will include class information for all periods from the student's schedule to be printed. When sorting by Teacher, the student will appear on each teachers page.
- Only Classes with an Anomaly - Will only include the class information with an anomaly to be printed. When sorting by teacher, only the teachers that have the anomaly will be listed on the report.
- Do Not Include Classes - No class information will print next to each student
- Sort By
- Student - Will allow the report to be sorted by Student Name or Student ID
- Grade - Will allow the report to be sorted by Grade Levels
- Counselor - Will allow the report to be sorted by Counselor Name or Number
- Teacher - Will allow the report to be sorted by Teacher Name or Number
- Sorting by Teacher will allow for selecting to include additional sort option by Date and Period
- Sorting by Teacher will allow selecting option for Teacher Signature Line and Verification Checks
- Other Options Include:
- Include Inactive Students - Will include inactive students
- Print All Absence Codes
- Print Teacher Signature Line - Will display a line at the bottom to allow a teacher to sign
- Print Verification Checks - Will include verification checkmarks such as Present, Absent, Tardy
- Start Date - Enter the first date to include on the report
- End Date - Enter the last date to include on the report
Limit All-Day Code Validation ↑
The Include All-Day Validation option with the Bypass Period Code Validation option checked will bypass all of the Period code validations listed in the Limit Period Codes section and focus on validation errors between codes entered in the All-Day column and codes used for period absences. This option will check for absence codes that differ between the All-Day Column and period absences. This option will also check for codes entered in the All-Day column where a student is not absent in all periods. This option will not look for missing All-Day absence codes.
Limit Period Codes ↑
The Present at Start of Day, then Absent option will print students who were present during their first period of the day, followed immediately by at least two absences. The pattern is very specific to Present-Absent-Absent in the first 3 periods of a student's schedule excluding any class that is flagged with an Attendance exclusion tag in MST.ST = Y or Z.
In the example below, the students were marked present during first period, then were immediately absent for at least the next two periods.
The Absent, then Present at End of Day option will search for students that were marked present in their final period of the day and were marked absent the two prior periods. The pattern is very specific to Absent-Absent-Present in the last 3 periods of a student's schedule excluding any class that is flagged with an Attendance exclusion tag in MST.ST = Y or Z.
In the results below all students had at least two absences entered followed by a Present in their final period of the day.
The Absent, then Present, then Absent option will search for students that are marked as being present in between two absences during the day. This option looks for one present mark in between two absences. The pattern is specific to a Absent-Present-Absent code in a row. A student can meet this criteria more than one time in a day.
In the results below all students have one present mark in between two absence marks. Periods in which a student is not assigned a class are not taken into consideration for this validation. Therefore, student #26 is included in this report because the student does not have a 2nd period class but was marked absent for 0 period and 3rd period while being marked present for 1st period. Student #28 is listed twice because the criteria is met for having an Absent-Present-Absent pattern for periods 1,2,3 (U,+,U) and 3,4,5 (U,+,U) on 02/10.
The Present, then Absent, then Present option will search for students that have one absence mark which is in between two present marks during the day.
In the results below, all students have one absent mark in between two present marks. Periods in which a student is not assigned a class are not taken into consideration for this validation. Therefore, student #26 is included in this report because the student does not have a 2nd period class but was marked present for 1st period and 4th period while being marked absent for 3rd period.
The Limit to a Single Period Present option will search for students who were absent in all but one period.
In the results below, the students have absence marks in all but one period. The Single Period Present can occur at anytime during the day.
NOTE: Any class that is flagged with an Attendance exclusion tag in MST.ST = Y or Z will not be included in the process.
Patterns for Identifying each Option ↑
Each option has a specific pattern that the criteria is looking for when utilizing this report. The following patterns are described below:
The example below is based on a student with periods 1 - 6 for each school day. (123456)
For this example, 'A' represents an Absence code and 'P' represents a Present code.
Present at Start of Day, then Absent = 'PAA456' where the PAA must fall in the first 3 periods with this pattern.
Absent, then Present at End of Day = '123AAP' where the AAP must fall in the last 3 periods with this pattern.
Absent, Then Present, Then Absent = '1APA56' where this pattern can fall anywhere within the day as long as it follows this pattern.
Present, Then Absent, Then Present = '12PAP6' where this pattern can fall anywhere within the day as long as it follows this pattern.
Limit to a Single Period Present = 'AAPAAA' present can be anywhere within the day as long as there is only one.
Teacher Verification and Signature Line ↑
When sorting the report by teacher, a verification check and signature line can be added to the page that will allow a teacher to indicate if a student was Absent, Present or Tardy. The teacher can sign at the bottom of the page and return the paper to the front office for manual corrections. When signed, this can be included with the monthly attendance reporting documentation as verification that the student did attend school and validates ADA for the student.
The Print Verification Checks option is only available when sorting by Teacher, and the Print Teacher Signature Line is selected.