The Import SELA ODS process will import CALPADS ELAS data into two Aeries fields. The data will then be evaluated when creating the Aeries SELA file. Students with matching data in the new CALPADS fields and in Aeries will not be extracted.
Below are instructions for the Import SELA ODS Extract File process:
1. Log into CALPADS and download the CALPADS Student English Language Acquisition Status ODS Download file:
- Extracts > ODS Extracts tab > Select record Type of Student English Language Acquisition Status ODS Download - SELA
- Request by "Date Range" tab, not the "Active Student" tab that defaults.
- Enter an Enrollment Start Date of July 1st that is 10 years prior to the current school year (i.e. 07/01/2012)
- Enter an Enrollment End Date of today.
- Select Schools
- Enter an Extract File Name
- Click on the "Request File" button
2. Retrieve the Student English Language Acquisition Status ODS Download files:
- Extracts > Submitted Extracts
- Extract Type Student English Language Acquisition Status ODS Download
- Download the files to a location on your hard-drive
3. In Aeries, on the Create CALPADS Extracts form, Enrollment Update, SELA tab:
- Click on the Select SELA ODS Extract File and browse to the CALPADS Student English Language Acquisition Status ODS Download file
- Click on the Load Selected File button to load the file
- Click on the Update LAC.EAC and LAC.EAD button. The data from the CALPADS file will be updated in the two LAC fields:
- English Language Acquisition Code (LAC.EAC)
- English Language Acquisition Date (LAC.EAD)