The Supplemental Attendance Sessions are School-owned and include more in-depth information including room assignment and session start and end times. There are 3 tabs on the Sessions page for the Calendar (ATC), Staff (ATR) and Students (ATA). This page also has a Print Supplemental Attendance Room Student Self Sign In Sheet that can be printed to allow for students to sign themselves into sessions.
To add a new session, click the Add button. The session will automatically be assigned a number. Enter the session information and click the Insert button.
- Session Name Enter a specific Session Name. This is a required field.
- Program ID Choose a Program ID from the dropdown of Programs. This is a required field.
- Room This is an optional field.
- Grade Range Low and High grade for this session
- Tag Warns and prevents data from being entered or changed if the session is tagged as Inactive. Any value can be entered.
- Class ID Can be used to group multiple sessions together. Reports can be grouped by Class ID.
- Linked MST Section or Linked Teacher Section number from the Master Schedule in a Secondary school or Teacher # in an Elementary school. Can add all students from the section into the session. For an Elementary school, can add all students from a teacher’s class into a session. This is an optional field.
- Linked ATT Period - Attendance Period (0-9). When a session is linked to an attendance period, checking in to the Supplemental Attendance session will clear a student's unverified period absence in regular attendance (ATT). This field is also used when doing the automated Supplemental Attendance to Attendance process. This is an optional field. This field only displays for schools doing period attendance.
- Start Date/ End Date Optional fields that ensure attendance is not entered outside of the date range. Session date range will default to the Program date range but can be changed.
- Start Time and End Time Minutes will be calculated based on the Start and End times. Start Time and End Time are required fields.
Note: if the session is a required hourly program, create multiple sessions for 60 minutes or less. Example: for a session that is 2 ½ hours, create 2 sessions of 60 minutes and another with 30 minutes. Use the Class ID field to link the sessions together.
- Max Maximum number of seats for this session
- User Fields - Dropdown codes can be setup from the Update Code Table form
- Notes – additional information can be entered in the Notes field.