The Supplemental Attendance Sessions are School-owned and include more in-depth information including room assignment and session start and end times. There are 3 tabs on the Sessions page for the Calendar (ATC), Staff (ATR) and Students (ATA). This page also has a Print Supplemental Attendance Room Student Self Sign In Sheet that can be printed to allow for students to sign themselves into sessions.
To add a new session, click the Add button. The session will automatically be assigned a number. Enter the session information and click the Insert button.
- Session Name Enter a specific Session Name. This is a required field.
- Program ID Choose a Program ID from the dropdown of Programs. This is a required field.
- Room This field must be populated when allowing students to Self Sign in.
- Grade Range Low and High grade for this session
- Tag Warns and prevents data from being entered or changed if the session is tagged as Inactive. Any value can be entered.
- Class ID Can be used to group multiple sessions together. Reports can be grouped by Class ID.
- Linked MST Section or Linked Teacher Section number from the Master Schedule in a Secondary school or Teacher # in an Elementary school. Can add all students from the section into the session. For an Elementary school, can add all students from a teacher’s class into a session.
- Linked ATT Period Attendance Period (0-9). This field needs to be populated when incorporating the automated Supplemental Attendance to Attendance Process. If a session is linked to an attendance period, checking in to the Supplemental Attendance session will clear a student's unverified period absence in regular attendance (ATT). This field only displays for schools doing period attendance.
- Create in Grade Rptg This option will allow the session to be included in the Initialize New Grade Reporting Cycle process. Check the box to use this feature.
- Grd Rptg Course This field will display a drop-down from the Courses table. Select or type the appropriate Course ID.
- Grd Rptg Teacher This field will display a drop-down from the Teachers table. Select or type the appropriate Teacher Number.
- Start Date/ End Date Optional fields that ensure attendance is not entered outside of the date range. Session date range will default to the Program date range but can be changed.
- Start Time and End Time Minutes will be calculated based on the Start and End times. Start Time and End Time are required fields.
Note: if the session is a required hourly program, create multiple sessions for 60 minutes or less. Example: for a session that is 2 ½ hours, create 2 sessions of 60 minutes and another with 30 minutes. Use the Class ID field to link the sessions together.
- Max Maximum number of seats for this session
- User Fields - Dropdown codes can be setup from the Update Code Table form
- Notes – additional information can be entered in the Notes field.