This error occurs because the student already has an existing/matching overlapping Participating Educational Program record in CALPADS for a previous year and another record is included in the current year SPRG extract.
Note: A change to the SPRG extract on May 5th 2018 should alleviate the overlapping Participation errors for the next school year. The SPRG extract has been adjusted to close all open participation programs 108, 113, 122, 174, 185 and also 101 (504 Accommodation Plans). The programs will auto-populate an end date in the extract 30 days before the end of the school year, using the last day of school. The actual program records in Aeries will not be closed.
Open participation programs will continue to extract in the subsequent years. If the start date of the participation record is prior to the current year, Aeries will pull the start dates from the enrollment record. Each program should only have one open record.
Previously, students could have multiple active/open SPRG records in CALPADS without any issues. But after a December 15, 2015 CALPADS update, this is now produces an error. Put an end date, when required, in the program record for the previous year and add the program record for the current year to resolve the issue.
- If populating the school number in the program record (PGM.SCL) instead of using zero (0), the school must be listed in Course History Institutions (CHI). The record ID number in CHI must be below 1000 and match the Aeries school code (STU.SC).
- Using a school code of zero (0) in the program record, especially for programs that do not require an annual end date, ensures that the school code, program start date and end date will be properly updated in the SPRG extract from a student's enrollment record. When a student is transferring or matriculating to other schools within the district, the SPRG extract will submit the new school information.
- Confirm that each program only has one open record.
- Eligibility end dates are not required for 504 Accommodation Plan, GATE, Migrant Ed, Special Education, Pregnant or Parenting Programs, Homeless or Military Programs.
- Eligibility start and end dates are required each year for NSLP - Free/Reduced Lunch Program.
- Participation end dates are not required for Opportunity Program and CA Partnership Academy.
- Participation start and end dates are required each year for Title 1 and Transitional Kindergarten.
- See CALPADS Special Programs Chart.
- For further clarification from CALPADS, see CALPADS Data Guide.