Table of Contents
- Key Expectations
- Changes & Differences from Existing Functionality ↑
- Wireframe Concepts ↑
- Plan Summary ↑
What are the “Must Haves” in order for our customers to consider District and School management to be vastly improved in Next Gen?
- All settings/options should be in one place instead of spreading on multiple pages/areas. Related options/settings should be grouped together. Probably using tabs / links to connect them
- Only applicable options should be visible. Ex: don’t show any Period Att options if a school is Elem Daily Att
- Advanced settings such as Third Parties, Portal, Mobile App, Portal Account Management, Security for External Connections, OneRoster, Online Enrollment, LDAP should be in a separate area
- Options/Settings search should help users find an option easier
- Information/Impact of an option should be clearly stated on the page Option/Setting text should be stated in a positive way
Permissions to update options/settings should be assigned to a section of options, not all or nothing.
Changes & Differences from Existing Functionality ↑
- School Options and District Options will be on 2 separate pages
- Related options will be grouped together
- Some of the Advanced/Technical options will be moved to a separate area
- An Option Filter will be available to make it easier to search
- Information/Impact of an option will be clearly stated on the page
- Some option sections will require special permissions to update
- School Contact can be linked to Staff
- District/School can have multiple locations/addresses, but one will be the primary/default location/address
- Most options will have an effective year to handle longitudinal database
Wireframe Concepts ↑
District Settings on 1 page with tabs for related areas:
District Settings page with global filter on the word "email"
School Settings page with tabs for related areas
Plan Summary ↑
- District and School Options will be easier to configure in Aeries NextGen.
- Having the options in one place along with the grouping of related options and the Option Filter will allow users to configure quickly a feature.
- Also, the requirement of special permissions to update these option sections would allow district to lock down some highly impacted options.