PSCH-1 - Preschool Enrollment
Preschool Enrollment - an unduplicated count of students in the preschool (-2) grade level enrolled on the Fall Reporting Date for each Race/Ethnicity. It will also include counts for students that are Limited English Proficient, that have disabilities, and that are enrolled in a 504 program.
- Will only process students whose school (STU.SC) or Reporting Home School (STU.HS) is one of the schools selected on the CRDC Schools tab.Will only process students whose school (STU.SC) or Campus of Accountability (STU.HS) is one of the schools selected on the CRDC Schools tab.
- Grade level includes preschool (-2). The Define Student Grade Levels is used to determine the grade levels.If the option to count Transitional Kindergarten students (grade -1) as Preschool is selected on the General Settings tab, then the Transitional Kindergarten students will be included in the Preschool Enrollment counts.
- Will only include the students that are enrolled on the Fall Reporting Date.
- Reporting School – only Primary Enrollment (ENR) records are used to determine if a student was enrolled on the Fall Reporting Date.The CALPADS Code Translations for Enrollment Status (STU.SP) are used to determine if the ENR.PR value is for a primary enrollment school or a concurrent enrollment school. Non-primary enrollment records are skipped. In some circumstances the student does have a primary enrollment record in one school, but the Reporting Home School is for a different school. In this case the CRDC Reporting School will be the Reporting Home School value. The Enrollment Reporting School (ENR.HS) value will be used as the CRDC Reporting School when it is not blank.Non-primary enrollment records are skipped. In some circumstances the student does have a primary enrollment record in one school, but the Reporting Home School is for a different school. In this case the CRDC Reporting School will be the Campus of Accountability value. The Campus of Accountability (ENR.HS) value will be used as the CRDC Reporting School when it is not blank.
- Ethnicity/Race - The Ethnicity (STU.ETH) and Race (STU.RC1 – STU.RC5) fields are used to determine the student ethnicity and race counts. Per Federal Guidelines, if a student’s Ethnicity is Hispanic they will only be counted in the Hispanic column.Also, race code 400 – Filipino is counted within the Asian category.
- Students will be counted in the Two or More races category under these conditions:
- Ethnicity = Not Hispanic and the student has 2 or more different races in STU.RC1 – STU.RC5
- Ethnicity = Not Hispanic and the student has no races in any of the STU.RC1 – STU.RC5 fields
Ethnicity = Not Hispanic and the student has a Declined to State race code in STU.RC1 as defined in the CALPADS Other tab
- English Learners – the student’s Limited English (STU.LF) value needs to match the table, field and code specified in the General Settings tab for LEP. If the student does not have an LEP code, or if the code is other than the one specified in the setup form, the program will check the student’s Redesignation date (LAC.RD1). If there is a date, and it is after the Fall reporting date, the student will be flagged as Limited English.
- Students with Disabilities (Section 504 Only) – the program will check for a record in the 504 Plans (FOF) table and evaluate the Start (FOF.SD) and End (FOF.ED) dates against the Fall Reporting Date. If no dates are in the record or if no FOF record is found then it will look in the user-defined location, field and value (usually PGM.CD = 101). If the table specified is the Special Program (PGM) table it will check the Eligibility Start (PGM.ESD) and End (PGM.EED) dates. If there is no date in those fields, it will check the Participation Start (PGM.PSD) and End (PGM.PED) dates. It will compare these dates against the Fall Reporting Date. The Fall Reporting Date must fall within these start and end dates to qualify as an active 504 record.
Students with Disabilities (IDEA) – students included in this category will have a Special Education (CSE) record with a disability code (CSE.DI), have an Enter date (CSE.ED) on/before the Special Ed Reporting date and no Exit date (CSE.XD), or an Exit date on/after the Special Ed Reporting date.