Gradebook has been modified to support the Master Schedule section field "Multi-School Gradebook Enabled" (MST.MSGE) in Section Staff schools which will allow a Gradebook to be created using sections from different schools in the District. Master Schedule sections with this field enabled can be linked to a Multi-School Gradebook involving associated Section Staff Members that can assist with team teaching scenarios that occur in different schools in the District.
To use a Multi School Gradebook, the Master Schedule Sections to be associated with the Gradebook must have the Multi-School Gradebook Enabled (MST.MSGE) field selected.
In Portal Options the Gradebook Portal Option "Allow Teachers to Link Sections from Multiple Schools" also needs to be enabled for any school that will have a Master Schedule section available to use in a Multi School Gradebook.
The Master Schedule sections that will be used with a Multi School Gradebook need to be associated with all teachers involved with the section. All applicable teachers for the section should be listed under the Section Staff Members area. This will give all of the associated teachers the ability to view and use the Gradebook.
A Multi School Section Staff Gradebook will behave in the following ways:
- The Gradebook will be saved in the Gradebook (GBK) table with the school number (GBK.SC) it was created in.
- Add or Edit of the Gradebook will retain the school number (GBK.SC) of the school it was created in.
- Student Gradebook Scores (GBS) will be logged with the School Code/Student Number of the student, not the Gradebook school number.
- Add or Edit of the Gradebook Options (GBO) will retain the school number (GBK.SC) of the school it was created in.
- The Link Gradebook page will display by school if the teacher has access to gradebooks from other schools. The Gradebooks can only be linked if they are from the same school and same teacher.
- Gradebook Assignments "Push to Other Gradebooks" option will display gradebooks from other schools if they are linked to one of the teacher's sections
- The Copy Gradebook option will display gradebooks from other schools if they are linked to one of the teacher's sections
- The Gradebook Backups page will display all gradebooks including from other schools. The Gradebook Backup school number (GBB.SC) will be the same as the Gradebook (GBK.SC) school number where it was created.
In the following example, Teacher Acosta’s primary school is Screaming Eagle High School. Teacher Acosta has students in classes at other schools in her District who she interacts with in Zoom virtual sessions. Some of the class sections involved are scheduled in the Master Schedule at other schools.
Teacher Acosta needs to create a Gradebook that will include the sections from the other schools. Teacher Acosta has been added as a Section Staff Member to Section 43 in Hawk High School as shown in the screenshot below. Teacher Acosta is listed on the section along with the sections Primary Teacher Hogan who is at Hawk High School.
Teacher Acosta being associated as a Section Staff Member on Hawk High Schools Section 43 will allow her to be able to see and associate Section 43 when she creates a Gradebook. This will give Teacher Acosta the ability to utilize Gradebook with her Zoom students in Hawk High School.