At-Risk Indicator Configuration
The At-Risk Indicators Configuration page allows districts to define a set of At-Risk indicators to help identify students who are at risk. After the indicators are configured and updated, the individual student At-Risk status for the indicator can be viewed on the Student At-Risk indicator page to assist in monitoring the student status.
The At-Risk Configuration page can be found under Aeries Analytics | Configs/Functions in the navigation menu.
At-Risk indicator information is stored in the ARC table. Appropriate permissions to the ARC table need to be given to users through Security to be able to use the At-Risk Configuration page.
To add a new At Risk indicator click on the Add Indicator button.
The following Add Indicator window will display. Fill in the appropriate information.
- Code (ARC.CD) - This is required. The Code used to identify the At-Risk indicator. The code can be up to 6 characters.
- Short Description (ARC.SDE) - This is required. Add a short description about the indicator code.
- Status (ARC.ST) - Active or Inactive. An indicator marked with a status of Inactive will not update the student at risk status for that indicator.
- Analytics Indicator (ARC.LAR) - The drop down list pulls from existing item definitions in the DAI table.
- Analytics At-Risk Levels - This is required. Specify which levels should be considered as at-risk.
- Update Frequency (ARC.UF) - The selection made for the indicator determines how often it will be updated. The available options include: Nightly for all students, On Demand or Manually Flagged. If Manually Flagged is selected there will be no automated process that occurs.
- Can Identify Manually? (ARC.AMI) - This defaults to checked. This allows the ability to manually flag a student as at-risk for the indicator.
- Description (ARC.DE) - A more detailed description about the indicator can be added here but is not required.
After the Indicator information has been saved it will display all entered information on the configuration page. The new indicator can be modified by using the Edit icon next to the indicator name.
Default Indicators For Texas Districts
The At-Risk Indicator Configuration page displays a Load Default Indicators option for Texas Districts. Loading Default Indicators will provide already configured templates to help analyze student At-Risk status.
Clicking on the Load Default Indicators button will display a Default At-Risk Indicators window with default indicator template options. Default Indicator templates can be selected or deselected on this page. Once selections are made click on Save.
A confirmation message will display asking to insert or update the selected Default Indicator templates.
Selecting OK will load the Default Indicator templates and display the chosen ones on the Student At-Risk Indicator page. Each indicator will have an Edit icon to the left of the indicator name. Edit can be used modify properties of the indicator template after they have been selected.