This error occurs because the date submitted in the Initial US School Enrollment Date (LAC.USS) field is incorrect. This date must represent a date when the student was at least four years old and eligible for Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten.
Note: This is a new validation added by CALPADS for the 2018/2019 school year.
- Check the student's birth date (STU.BD) and verify that it is correct.
- Check the student's Initial US School Enrollment Date (LAC.USS) and verify that it is correct.
- If the date in the Initial US School Enrollment Date (LAC.USS) is incorrect, update the date to reflect when the student started Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten.
- The following query may assist in identifying possible issues: LIST STU LAC STU.CID STU.ID STU.NM STU.GR STU.DD STU.ED LAC.USS
- Use the Query Change Button to quickly update the erroneous date fields.
- Delete any Initial US School Enrollment Date (LAC.USS) records from the CALPADS Log Detail table (see snapshot below).
- Resubmit the SINF file.
Note: The Student Initial US School Enrollment Date is only required for students in grades K - 12. For preschool students (Grade < K), the Student Initial US School Enrollment Date should be left blank.
Due to this new validation, the Define Required Fields for the LAC.USS field should not be set as required. Aeries Client Version (SQL) - Define Required Fields
We will be adding a check to the Student Data Audit report to warn if the date is populated for pre-preschoolers and also to warn if the date is missing or less than 4 years from the birthdate for K-12 students.