This error occurs because the date submitted in the Initial US School Enrollment Date (LAC.USS) field is incorrect. This date must represent a date when the student was at least four years old and eligible for Transitional Kindergarten / Kindergarten. The Student Data Audit report should be run and will display students with this error that needs to be resolved.
Note: This validation was added by CALPADS beginning in 2018/2019 school year. The validation was modified in 2023/24 to include TK students.
- Check the student's birth date (STU.BD) and verify that it is correct.
- Check the student's US School Age 3 & up (LAC.US3) and verify that it is correct.
- The US School Age 3 & up date field is used to capture the first entry into a US school for a Title III Immigrant student who is at least 3 years old . The State Reporting highlighted fields may not all be required or extracted in the CALPADS files. We highlight fields that may be needed for related CALPADS reporting.
- If a preschool student is receiving Special Education services and has obtained an SSID, populate the US School Age 3 & up field with the date the student started preschool and populate the Initial US School Enrollment Date field with the date that the student started Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten or leave Initial US School Enrollment Date field blank.
- For more information see CDE: Title III Student National Origin Report (SNOR)
- Check the student's Initial US School Enrollment Date (LAC.USS) and verify that it is correct.
- If the date in the Initial US School Enrollment Date (LAC.USS) is incorrect, update the date to reflect when the student started Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten.
- The following query may assist in identifying possible issues: LIST STU LAC STU.CID STU.ID STU.NM STU.GR STU.BD STU.DD STU.ED LAC.US3 LAC.USS
- Use the Query Change Button to quickly update the erroneous date fields.
- Delete any Initial US School Enrollment Date (LAC.USS) records from the CALPADS Log Detail table (see snapshot below).
- Resubmit the SINF file.
Note: The date of a student's first enrollment in a Transitional Kindergarten through Twelfth Grade Public or Private School (including any home schooling in grades TK-12) in the United States of America and Puerto Rico. This does NOT include United States territories. For preschool students, the Student Initial US School Enrollment Date should be left blank.
Due to this validation, the Define Required Fields for the LAC.USS field should not be set as required.