An Admin user or users with Admin permissions to Custom Reports can create a pre-configured Item bank. Users with Update to Custom Reports can create their own custom reports by selecting from the pre-configured items.
The Custom Report Items will need to be added before creating a Custom Report.
To create new Custom Report Items, click the mouse on the Edit Custom Report button from View all Reports, Custom Report tab. The form can also be accessed from View All Forms, Custom Reports.
The Custom Report Items page has a Copy button that will enable users to add one item and then copy new items. For example, the CELDT test Part 0 test item can be created then by using the Copy button the additional parts can be quickly added.
Three tabs are available, Custom Report Items, Custom Reports and Color Layouts. Click on the Custom Report Items tab and Add New Report Item option will display.
Items can be added from various tables such as Student Data, Testing Data and Program data. College Tests and Test Strands can also be added to Custom Reports.
Click on the Add New Report Item and following page will display.
Below are the options available when the Type of Table-Field Value is selected.
- Name - The name field should be the short name that can be used in the report column headings
- Description - The description will display in the legend of the report if using the Display Legends print option
- Item Width - Controls the width of the column on the report including the header label. The Item Width defaults to .39 inches but can be changed for fields with larger data.
Example: a field with an email address would need a width of 2.
- Type - The following report types are available:
Different options will display depending on the Type selected. For example, if the Type of TST Table Score is selected, options of Test ID and Test Part will display.
The various options will be detailed below.
- Table - A drop down list of tables available to add to a Custom report, including STU
- Field – A list of fields for the selected table will display. Select the field to add to a Custom Report
- Filter By – The data in the field can be filtered by the options below.
Note: If the Filter By option is used, only data that meets the criteria will print on the reports. For example, if Table of STU – Student Data and the Field of LF – LangFlu is selected and the Filter By is set to Is Equal To and the code of R is entered, only students with STU.LF = R will have their STU.LF printed on the report. The Filter By option will not limit the students included on the report.
- Enforce Security (If checked, only users with the appropriate permission can view this item) – this option will prevent users from seeing data that is not granted under their permissions.
Below are the options when selecting the Type of TST – Table Score, CST – Table Score (strands) or CTS – Tables Score (college) is selected.
- Test ID – a drop down of the tests available in the Testing Control Table (CTL)
- TST – Table Score - A drop down list of parts in the Testing Control Table (CTL)
- CST – Table Score (strands) A drop down list of parts in the Content Standard Names (CSN)
- CTS – Tables Score (college) - A drop down list of tests from the COD table
- Score Field – A drop down of the score fields available in the TST table
- Date Option - A drop down list of types of dates available. If using Color Layouts, the Testing Year or Testing Admin options should be used. Most Recent date option will not display colors.
- Rubric Ranges – Define the rubric range for each of the 5 levels. Enter only the “high” value for each of the levels. This is needed when using Color Layouts.
Note: If the Custom Report Item Test ID, Test Part, Score Field and Testing Admin has a matching record in the Testing Number Possible (TNP) table, the colors will display based on the TNP levels and the levels do not need to be defined for each item. The Custom Report can simply have a Color Layout associated to it. Instructions for the Color Layouts are detailed in the next article.
- Filter By – The data in the field can be filtered. Detailed in the previous section
Enforce Security (If checked, only users with the appropriate permission can view this item) – this option will prevent users from seeing data that is not granted under their permission
Below are the options when selecting the Type of Program
- Type – Program
Program – A drop down of programs in Aeries will display. Below are the conditions for the programs.
- Special Ed – Disability code (CSE.DI) is populated and there is a Special Ed Enter Date (CSE.ED) with no Exit Date (CSE.XD)
- GATE – GTE Eligibility Date (GTE.ESD) is populated with no GTE Eligibility Gate End date (GTE.EED)
- English Learner - Student Language Fluency (STU.LF) is "EL" as determined by CALPADS translations (XRF) and Language Start Date (LAC.SD) is populated with no Language End date (LAC.ED)
- Socio-Economically Disadvantaged – Student Parent Education Level (STU.PED) is “Not a High School Graduate” or Free and Reduced Code (FRE.CD) = F or R with Eligibility Start Date (FRE.ESD) in the current year and no Eligibility End Date (FRE.EED)
- PGM Codes – student has the Program Code (PGM.CD) and start dates (PGM.ESD or PGM.PSD) are populated with no end dates (PGM.EED or PGM.PED)
Note: If your district has data stored in two places for certain programs, like the Gate program (PGM.CD = 127 and Gate - GTE table), Custom Report Items will need to be created for each area.