Student Records Transfer is an exciting feature of the Aeries SIS that allows districts to transfer student-related records such as test scores and transcripts from one district to another. This will help to alleviate the burden of hand-entering numerous records into Aeries based on paper files received from the student’s prior school.
After enrolling a new student and entering demographic data, the school can initiate a records request within the Aeries program, and it will immediately be received by the prior school. Once the prior school approves the records request, the student’s records become available for the current school to review and import into Aeries.
The Records Transfer feature was developed with an emphasis on security. Below are highlights of the security built in to the Records Transfer feature.
- All data are transmitted securely via HTTPS, specifically the more secure TLS 1.2 protocol
- The student data are transmitted point-to-point between districts using private Aeries APIs and never stored on any intermediate server
- Aeries uses a centralized registry of unique district authorization codes and district Aeries URLs to validate records requests. This prevents an unknown party from forging a records request under the guise of a legitimate Aeries district
- Records Transfer uses public key encryption to encrypt all student-related data end-to-end. The data can only be decrypted using the private key of the correct receiving district
IMPORTANT: Your Aeries Web server(s) must be configured to support TLS 1.2 in order to use Records Transfer. Qualys® SSL Labs (not affiliated with Aeries) offers a free test tool that will verify TLS 1.2 support and identify vulnerable and less secure cipher suites that are still enabled on your web server(s). The tool can be accessed at www.ssllabs.com/ssltest.
The following is a list of Aeries tables that are either currently available for Records Transfer or will be added in the future.
- Test Scores [TST]
- Content Standard Scores [CST]
- College Test Scores [CTS]
- Course History (Transcripts) [HIS]
- Enrollment History [ENR]
- Immunizations [IMM]
- Language Assessment [LAC]
- Physical Fitness Test Scores [PFT]