The following information was taken from the California Department of Education Physical Fitness Testing (PFT) site:
"The 2023–24 physical fitness test (PFT) is to be administered between February 1 and May 31, 2024, in accordance with the 2021–22 changes noted below.
Administration and data reporting requirements of the PFT:
- Body Composition component is no longer required
- The reporting of student performance using the Healthy Fitness Zones are not required
- Schools are not required to collect or use height and weight, including body mass index, for data reporting
- Schools are not required to collect or use gender for data reporting
- Schools are not required to collect or use age for data reporting
- Student participation (by component, by grade) shall be reported in the LEA’s annual School Accountability Report Card (SARC)"
The Physical Fitness Testing Setup page in Aeries allows the School or District to set up which Physical Fitness Tests will be taken for each Testing Administration.
These articles will provide information on the setup and population of multiple Physical Fitness Testing Administrations in a single year, selecting which tests to allow in each category, entering scores via various methods, reporting scores to the State, and loading results from the vendor.
A listing of the Physical Fitness Testing forms and reports can be displayed on one screen by filtering for fitness for Pages and for Reports in the navigation. These screens are used to input, report and track results of physical fitness tests required by the state to be performed for grades 5, 7 and 9.