Aeries Software allows data to be pulled by authorized vendors through the Aeries API to automatically sync with 3rd Party Applications. This eliminates the need for manual CSV transfers or complicated SFTP uploads.
Ellevation connects to Aeries through an API Certificate for the following data types; (Student Demographics, Staff Roster, Student Course Schedules, ELPAC (Initial and Summative), SBAC (ELA and Math).
All other data types (e.g. benchmark assessments, course grades) will either be imported via manual uploads or
data sharing partnerships with third-party test vendors. The Ellevation Team will work with you to establish a data
import plan and will provide you with relevant documentation for each of these alternate data import pathways. Your Aeries Integrations Team can assist with the automation of any additional data transfers.
Create an API Certificate for Ellevation ↑
1. Login to your Aeries Admin Website as an admin
2. Navigate to Security -> API Security
3. Select the “Add New Record” button
4. Enter the product name "Ellevation" and any comment you’d like.
5. Click 'Insert' to save the Certificate
6. Grant Read Permissions to the following areas;
6. Select the checkbox next to “Display Certificate Details” to view the API Certificate. This is sensitive information and should be treated as such.
7. You will upload a file with your Aeries Base URL and API certificate to Ellevation's SFTP server. (Sample file from Ellevation here)
*The "base URL" is the entire web address of your Aeries system leading up to the "/Login.aspx".
In this example, the highlighted text is the "base URL." Your own base URL will be different.
For hosted customers, your base URL will be https://yourdistrictname.aeries.net/admin
(replace "yourdistrictname" with your actual assigned URL address)
8. Complete the Ellevation - Aeries API Setup Questionnaire (Google Form)
More information about the Aeries-Ellevation Integration can be found on the Ellevation Support Site and in the Ellevation Aeries API Implementation Document attached.