Aeries Software allows data to be pulled by authorized vendors through the Aeries API to automatically sync with 3rd Party Applications. This eliminates the need for manual CSV transfers or complicated SFTP uploads.
Clever connects to Aeries through an API Certificate unless there is a specific need for an SFTP data upload.
Create an API Certificate for Clever ↑
1. Login to your Aeries Admin Website as an admin
2. Navigate to Security -> API Security
3. Select the “Add New Record” button
4. Enter the product name "Clever" and any comment you’d like.
5. Click 'Insert' to save the Certificate
6. Grant Read Permissions to the following areas;
Contacts, Class Schedules/History
7. Select the checkbox next to “Display Certificate Details” to view the API Certificate. This is sensitive information and should be treated as such.
8. You’ll copy/paste your API certificate into the Sync Settings page of your Clever Dashboard.
You’ll need the Certificate, along with your Aeries base URL* to configure the initial connection to Clever.
*The "base URL" is the entire web address of your Aeries system leading up to the "/Login.aspx".
In this example, the highlighted text is the "base URL." Your own base URL will be different.
For hosted customers, your base URL will be https://yourdistrictname.aeries.net/admin
(replace "yourdistrictname" with your actual assigned URL address)
More information about the Aeries-Clever Sync Settings can be found on the Clever Support Site.