Table of Contents
What are the “Must Haves” in order for our customers to consider Code Set Management to be vastly improved in Next Gen?
- One page to manage all Code Sets, with links to related functions that can be accessed in that same space
- Codes should unlock for editing as a page, not individual codes
- More control over visibility of Fixed Codes
- When codes are edited, start/end dates automatically entered
- Allow larger Code value sizes (especially Attendance Codes)
- Allow Code Set to be used in multiple places, even on custom pages
Changes & Differences from Existing Functionality ↑
- Allows true, independent Code Sets to be created, managed, and then applied to different entities inside Aeries
- Code Management Page that allows everything related to Codes to be handled in one dedicated space
- School Year fields will be used to control Code Sets for longitudinal database structure
- Customization of Code Sets are easily accomplished and cross-referenced to state/federal codes, as necessary.
- District ownership of Code Sets enforces data consistency, but visibility can be set at the school level
- District identification of language translations needed, which will push down automatically to Code Sets to be translated
Wireframe Concepts ↑
Code Set Management
Manage Code Visibility
Manage Code Mapping
Manage Code Options
Plan Summary ↑
- Code Management in Aeries Next Gen allows greater freedom and customization in managing Code Sets, while enforcing data integrity.
- Changes are tracked with dates, allowing them to be applied properly in a longitudinal database.
- The implementation of a Code Management Dashboard allows all activities related to codes to happen in one dedicated space.