Attendance by Photo (New) allows teachers to be able to assign students to seats and take attendance by seating chart and photograph. In addition, new enhancements allow teachers to be able to set up multiple seating charts, hide the student name on the chart, show the student first name alias on the chart and print a seating chart with or without the student pictures.
Click the mouse on the Attendance by Photo (New) from the Pages navigation tree and the following page will display.
For Attendance by Photo options click on the menu icon on the top right of the page. The following options will display.
- Create New Seating Chart – Select to create a new seating chart.
- Open Seating Charts – Select to open saved seating charts.
- Print Current Seating Chart – Prints the chart currently being viewed.
- Enable Animation – Selecting this option loads the chart in an animated style.
- Hide Gridlines – This option will hide the chart gridlines from displaying on the page.
- Show Student Alias Name – This option will display the student first name alias.
- Hide Student Name – This option will hide the student name from displaying on the chart.
Click the Create New Seating Chart to create a new photo chart. If Period Attendance is being used, first select the correct class period and then select the Create New Seating Chart option from the menu. The following options will display. Fill in the chart information and then click OK.
- Current Period – If selected the chart will show during the current period (Available for Period Attendance).
- Enter a Name – Add a name for the chart.
- Auto Assign Seats – This option will allow a teacher to mass assign the student photos by student name or randomly. It will also fill the photos on the chart across or down. This option will only use students who are still listed in the Unassigned Students column.
- Number of Rows – The number of rows the chart will display.
- Number of Columns – The number of columns the chart will display.
The newly created chart will display. To assign students manually to the seats, click the mouse on the student photo in the Unassigned Seats column and drag and drop it to the desired location on the chart. If the Auto Assign option was selected when creating the chart, the student photographs will be assigned automatically.
Note: If the Auto Assign Seats option was selected when the chart was created the photos will be mass assigned to the chart automatically.
The Hide Gridlines option can be used to display the chart in a shape other than a square grid.
After the photographs have been assigned to the photo chart, attendance can be taken on the Attendance by Photo page by clicking on an absence code letter that displays under the student photo. When a code is selected for a student, it will turn green which indicates the absence code has been recorded for the student.
To clear an individual student from the attendance by photo chart for a period, right click the mouse on the student photo on the chart and then select Remove.
To clear all students from the chart select the Clear Students button under the Edit Seating Chart area.
The following message will display. To clear all of the photos from the chart click the mouse on the OK button.
The chart will be cleared and the student photographs will be displayed in the Unassigned Students column again.
The Attendance by Photo page also displays a Profile and Calendar icon to the left of each student name. Clicking the mouse on the Profile icon will take the user to the Profile page for that student.
Clicking the mouse on the Calendar icon to the left of the student name will take the user to that students attendance detail page.
Clicking the mouse on the More Information icon will display additional student related information and attendance note information if available.
A pop up box will display with additional student related information and any attendance notes associated with the student. This information is read only.
Students who have a date in the SSA Date (Safe School Act) field on the Assertive Discipline form will display with a red SSA to the left of their name. If the teacher portal group has at least Read permissions to the Assertive Discipline page, teachers will be able to click on SSA and be taken to the Assertive Discipline page for the student. If the teacher portal group does not have permission to the Assertive Discipline page, SSA will still display in red but will not do anything when clicked on.
The Missing Attendance button turns red when there is attendance missing. Clicking on the button will display which dates or periods (Period Attendance) the attendance is missing for.
The Mark Remaining Students Present button when clicked will mark all students in the class as present if attendance has not been submitted for the students.