A summary and quick how-to of the various admin features in MS SQL Server and other vendors. Topics include: SQL Management Studio, security, SSIS and 3rd party transaction tracking software. Other topics include: creation of new databases, importing/exporting, backups, maintenance, and error checking, as well as query creation and scripting.
- Table basics
- Microsoft SQL Server is the RDBMS (Relational DataBase Management System) behind Aeries
- Using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to administer your MS SQL Server Instance
- Creating a new Aeries Database with its initial structure
- Managing SQL Permissions for Users and Roles
- Field Level Permissions
- Deny Permissions
- Maintenance Plans
- Backup, integrity checks, index maintenance, statistics
PDF documentation for this session is attached.