Aeries reports provide the users with valuable information such as lists of students matching certain criteria or other student related information calculated and presented to the user in a nicely formatted way. However, often the users need availability of that specific list of students or calculated values in Aeries for various reasons. A paper report comes short of that need. An example would be to run labels or print envelopes for the list of students.
A new Report Tag (RTG) table has been created to help with this need. If a report has the Report Tag feature, all student records included in the report will be tagged with a string and/or a numeric value for the users to access later through the Query tool. This data will be preserved for each user and per each report for later use. This allows students to have multiple Report Tags for different reports.
Running the same report will update the Report Tag (RTG) table with the new values.
If a report has the Report Tag feature, you will see a description of Tag Values used and the report name to access that information.
An example of a report with the new Report Tagging Feature is the Print Students With N or More Absences report. At the bottom of the report options page, Report Tag Information is displayed.
The following information is provided:
- Report Name Value - this is the report name that will be stored in the Report Tag (RTG) table in the Report Name field (RTG.RNM).
- Query Tag Value - Displays the value that will be stored in the Report Tag (RTG) table in the Query Tag (RTG.QT) field
- Query Value - Notes the numeric value that will be stored in the Report Tag (RTG) table in the Query Value (RTG.QV) field
Based on the Report Tag information of this report all the students listed in the report will be tagged (QT) with an “A” and their total number of absences will be saved in Query Value (QV). Which then can be accessed using simple query statements.
The Report Tag table can be queried by users. Below is a sample query for a specific report:
LIST STU RTG STU.FN STU.LN RTG.QT RTG.QV RNM IF RTG.RNM = PrintStudentsWithNOrMoreAbsences AND QT = A
Lists first name, last name, query tag and query value of the students tagged with an A for the Students With N Or More Absences report
Aeries web will accept queries based on the STU table and QT, QV and RNM fields for simplicity, and will generate the results without including RTG table as well.
Note that if the user does not specify the report name, results for the most recently run report will be displayed. Here are some examples:
LIST STU FN LN QT QV RNM
Lists first name, last name, query tag and query value of all the students for the most recently run report by the user. The Physical Fitness Summary Status Summary was the last report run.
LIST STU FN LN QT QV IF RNM = PrintStudentsWithNorMoreDisciplineDemerits AND QT = D
Lists first name, last name, query tag and query value of the students for the Students With N or More Discipline Demerits report
KEEP STU IF RNM = PrintStudentsWithNorMoreDisciplineDemerits AND QV > 20
This query will keep the students with a query tag for the Students With N or More Discipline Demerits report and a query value greater than 20. Other reports or labels can now be run for only the kept students.
Reports with the Report Tag Feature:
- Attendance Audit Listing: see Report Options for Query Tag Values
- Avery 5160 Labels 1 Per Family: Query Tag Value = X
- Avery 5160 Labels for Birthdays By Teacher: Query Tag Value = X
- CBEDS Effective Information Day: STU.CIC Value = Y
- Grade Exception Report Listing: Query Tag = X
- Ineligibility Listing: Query Tag = X
- Information Confirmation Status: Query Tag Value = Y or N
- Physical Fitness Status Summary: see Report Options for Query Tag Values
- Student Assertive Discipline Record: Query Tag Value = D
- Student Immunization Status: Query Tag Value = M or V
- Students With N or More Absences (Absences in Any Period, Total Period Absences): Query Tag Value = A
- Students With N or More Discipline Demerits: Query Tag Value = D
- Students With More or Less Than N Periods: Query Tag = X
- Students With Perfect Attendance (Perfect Daily Attendance, Perfect Daily Attendance by Teacher, Perfect Period Attendance): Query Tag Value = P
- Students With Siblings: Query Tag = X
- Students With Unverified Period Absences: Query Tag Value = A
- Students With Unverified Absences: Query Tag Value = A
- Students Without Portal Accounts: Query Tag Value = X
- Students Without Student or Parent Email Addresses Options: Query Tag Value = X
- UC/CSU Eligibility Reports: Query Tag = N or E