The Lunch Balance Notifications configuration page allows for two types of notifications to be setup for parents to receive regarding student lunch balances. The two types of notifications are a Low Balance Warning and Weekly Balance Information.
This feature is available to Aeries Communications customers who also use TITAN School Solutions. After the Configure Lunch Balance Notifications is setup by an administrator, parents can use the Aeries Parent Portal to sign up for the Weekly Balance information and/or Low Balance Alerts which will be delivered on a scheduled basis. Balance information will be pulled directly from TITAN via an API and notifications will be delivered via the Aeries Communications platform.
The Configure Lunch Balance Notifications page can be accessed from School Info | Configurations. This page requires Admin permission to the Lunch Balance Notifications security area.
The Scheduled Process area is used to Enable Scheduled Process. Days and Time to run the process are set here. The Notifications are a once-per-day scheduled process that occur on the defined day and time.
In the Email address field, provide the email address of a designated contact (or contacts) to receive an email notification after Lunch Balance alerts are processed. If successful, the count of alerts will be included. If an error occurs, the captured error message will be included.
The Run Process Now button will bypass the set day and time and will run the process when the button is clicked.
The Process Options area allows the selections of which schools to enable the process for.
The Messaging Content Templates contain text that will be displayed in the notification sent out regarding Weekly Balance and Low Balance information. The message template will be merged with the actual values associated with the student.
The Messaging Content Templates Help icon provides suggestions on appropriate use of inserting fields into the template. The examples provided are currently the only available options.
A Lunch Balance Notification widget can display to parents in Parent Portal so they can set up notifications on their students Weekly Balance and/or Low Balance information. The widget will display in the Parent Portal when the following conditions are met:
- The scheduled process for Lunch Balance Notifications is enabled for the current database
- The Titan Parent SSO is enabled at the district level
- The parent account is linked to Signal Kit
- The parent account is viewing a student in a school that is enabled for Lunch Balance Notifications
When the widget displays, the parent is able to set up notifications for Weekly Balance information and/or Low Balance warnings. Notifications for multiple students can be handled on the one widget. The parent can add one Weekly Balance notification and one Low Balance notification per student.
The Weekly Balance alerts will be flagged to send based on the following criteria:
- There is a result for the student from the Titan API
- The alert is configured for the day the parent selected
The Low Balance alerts will be flagged to send based on the following criteria:
- There is a result for the student in the Titan API
- The current balance from Titan is less than the configured threshold amount
- The previous balance from the last time the process ran was greater than or equal to the configured threshold dollar amount or there was no previous balance. Example 1 - If the threshold is $10.00, the previous balance was $13.00 and the current balance is $9.00, then the alert will be flagged. Example 2 - If the threshold is $10.00, the previous balance was $9.00 and the current balance is $5.00 then the alert will NOT be flagged because the balance did not cross the threshold (it was already below and stayed below).