As of 2019/2020, districts must acquire Statewide Student Identifiers (SSIDs) and submit data for all Pre-K through Grade 12 students for whom the parent has consented to an evaluation, regardless if the child if found to be eligible for services. This includes:
- Infants and toddlers reffered to COEs and districts.
- Preschool-age students referred to COEs or districts.
- School-age students referred that are attending K-12 public schools.
- School-age students referred that are attending private schools and are receiving services from a COE or district.
For more information, see CALPADS Flash #161
Students who are pending assessment/evaluations for Special Education must have an SSID, including students attending Private Schools.
Here are the guidelines from CDE:
- SSIDs should be obtained for Pre-Kindergarten students referred for services who are pending evaluations, including students attending Private Schools.
- Enrollment Start Date should be the date parental consent for evaluation was signed for the student.
- Students are tagged with a Student Program (STU.SP) which is translated in CALPADS Code Translations as Code - 50 Non-ADA Enrollment.
- Once SSID is obtained, the student remains enrolled until the assessment is complete.
- If the student qualifies for Special Education services, the student remains enrolled.
- If the student does not qualify for Special Education services, the student is No Showed using a "No Show" (N470) code.
- For students attending Private Schools, create a school in Aeries and use a School Code (LOC.SC) of 0000002.