Effective for the 2019/2020 school year, students who are pending assessment/evaluations for Special Education must have an SSID - even if the student is attending a private school.
Here are the guidelines from CDE:
- SSIDs should be obtained for Pre-Kindergarten students referred for services who are pending evaluations on the reporting dates (12/1 or 6/30).
- Enrollment Start Date should be the date parental consent for evaluation was signed for the student.
- Once SSID is obtained, the LEA may exit student as a "no show" (N470) to essentially nullify the enrollment in CALPADS.
- Using a "no show" (N470) to nullify the enrollment will prevent the LEA from having to submit additional data about the student.
- If the student is found eligible for services after reporting dates, a subsequent enrollment should be submitted to CALPADS along with the Student Program information.
- Nothing additional should be done for students who are found to be ineligible.