Multi-table queries, the "CHANGE" button and command; advanced applications of Query for elementary school personnel.
- Tips for complex queries
- Advanced understanding of Aeries Tables Relations
- Defining Multiple Tables & fields in a query
- Use of the Database Table Information Report or Web Fields Doc
- Building complex Query Statements
- Sorting Data - Ascending or Descending Order
- Aeries Query Commands vs. Access Query Commands
- Selecting Records by Criteria “IF”
- Using Connectives “AND” and “OR”
- Math Operations within Query
- Undo Last KEEP/SKIP
- Change Button versus Change Command
- Change Button with Multiple Tables
- Advanced use of the Query Letter Editor
- Creating & Customizing Advanced Query Labels or Envelopes
- Troubleshooting of Query Errors
- Get a clear picture of what data is needed and the order that it should be sorted. If this data is a request, getting it in writing can be helpful.
- Identify the tables needed.
- Contemplate whether the query will be easier preceded with a KEEP or SKIP statement.
- What is the most logical order in which to place the fields?
- How should the data be sorted?
- Do I want to pass the data on to another application?
- Do I need to teach someone else how to do this query? Share the load and make life easier for yourself and more rewarding for others.
User supplied queries can be found at the website http://www.aeries.com/training-support/queries under Queries.