Data within the Aeries database is generally segmented by School. At the District level, users have access to all schools. Permissions can be granted to users at the school or district levels.
- District - your data is stored in a centralized database that maintains information for all students within a district (school 0)
- School - student records are organized across the schools within your district
- School Year - you will have a separate Aeries database for each school year
Examples of additional databases your district may maintain include:
- Inactive Students
- Home/Hospital Students
- Non Public School (NPS) Students
- Sandbox - test database that allows people to manipulate data, try functions, without impacting live/reportable data
Changing between Schools/District
In the Aeries Web, to change between schools, locate the current school that is noted on the heading bar across the top of any Page. Next to the school name is an arrow selecting this arrow presents a drop-down box that displays all of the schools the user has access to login to. Simply click the desired school to switch.
Switching School Years
To change to a prior year database in Aeries Web, locate the Year that is noted on the heading bar across the top of any Page. Next to the Year is an arrow selecting this arrow presents a drop-down box that displays all of the past years the user has access to login to.
Simply click the desired school year to switch. When logged into a prior school year, the year indicator at the top will display red denoting you are accessing a different school year.
Note: If it is necessary to change to a different database group, you must Log Out and select a different database group from the login page.