The New Year Rollover Settings tab contains all the options available for the New Year Rollover. The first time the user opens the New Year Rollover page the settings will be populated into the Rollover (ROL) table.
On the left side of the page is a list of all the schools in the database. Clicking on a school code or name will display the New Year Rollover options available for that school on the right side of the screen. The options are separated into 3 areas – District Wide, Inactive School, and School-Based.
When the District (school code 0) is selected all options can be viewed or updated.
When a School is selected only the School Based options can be viewed or updated.
Admins and users with update permission to the New Year Rollover will have the Change button and Push to Other Schools button available above the New Year Rollover settings. Clicking on the Change button will switch the screen to edit mode and the user will be able to select or de-select the rollover options for that school code. To save the settings click on the Update button.
Once all rollover options have been set up for that school code they can be quickly pushed to other schools that require the same settings by clicking on the Push to Other Schools button, selecting the schools that will receive the same rollover options, and clicking on the OK button.
The Green Check and Red X under the Push? header can be used to Select All or Deselect All schools with one click.
After the rollover options have successfully copied to the selected schools a message will display indicating that the Rollover Options Push has completed.
Continue reviewing/updating the rollover options for every school. Keep in mind that different types of schools (elementary schools, secondary schools, special schools) may use different rollover options.
District Wide and Inactive School Options
The District Wide and Inactive School options can be set up when the District (school code 0) school is selected.
- Clear existing District Resource Assignments will clear the data from the DRA table. Not selecting this option will copy over all the data in the DRA table.
- Increment credit requirements in Graduation Requirements. This option is available when the Graduation Requirements table contains a Subject Area code with different credit requirements values for the grade levels. If this option is selected the credit requirements will be incremented.
- Copy next year’s schools to current year in Streets. This option is available when the Next School (STR.N#) fields are different than the School fields (STR.G#) in the Street table. Selecting this option will copy the Street Next School field into the Street School field.
- Only copy the latest set of Gradebook Backups. When selected, only the most recent backup of each gradebook number in the GBB table will be copied. Otherwise, all GBB records will be copied.
- Only copy the most recent Student Photo. When selected, only the most recent photo for each student in the PIC table will be copied. Otherwise, all PIC records will be copied.
- Bypass Teacher Briefcase Files (TFL) will not copy the Teacher Briefcase Files (TFL) records from last year.
- Bypass Student Backpack Files (SFL) will not copy the Student Backpack Files (SFL) records from last year.
- Bypass Medical Log (MED) will not copy the Medical Log (MED) records from last year.
- Bypass Attendance Notes (ATN) will not copy the Attendance Notes (ATN) records from last year.
- Copy Only Outstanding Fees will only copy the outstanding Fee (FEE) records from last year’s database. Not selecting this option will copy all Fee Records.
- Close out open Authorizations on… enter a date into the Authorizations End Date (AUT.EED) that will be used to close out any open Authorization (AUT) records.
- Inactive School Code – enter the school code for the Inactive School.
- Inactive Status Tag – enter the Status Tag for currently active students that will roll into the Inactive school.
- Bypass the Copy to Inactive School Process – This option is for districts that have not traditionally maintained an Inactive School. If this option is selected, the Rollover process will NOT copy ANY students to an Inactive School. This means that students who became inactive during the year, as well as active students with an invalid Next School, will NOT be in next year’s database and will therefore appear on the Missing Students report. This option should only be used by districts who understand the ramifications.
NOTE: Students that are not rolled forward into a valid school will be added to the Inactive School based on the values in the Inactive School Code and Inactive Status Tag fields, unless the “Bypass the Copy to Inactive School Process” option is selected.
School Based Options
The School Based Options can be set up when the District (school code 0) school is selected or when another school code is selected.
- Do NOT Copy Student Records from This School will not process student records from this school. This option is usually used to skip processing schools that are set up as after school programs or summer schools where students are actively enrolled in this school and in their regular school.
- Bypass Master Schedule (MST) will not copy the Master Schedule (MST) records from last year
- Clear existing Textbook Assignments will clear the textbook assignment fields in the TBC table. Not selecting this option will copy over the data in the TBC table.
- Change New Students School Mobility to new grade. When selected and a student is added to a new school in the new year database, their School Mobility (STU.SM) is updated to their new year grade level.
- Change New Students Enter Date. When selected and a date is entered, as a student is added to a new school in the new year database, their Enter Date (STU.ED) will be updated to the date selected in this option.
NOTE: when the “Use Schools New Year Start Date when populated” option is selected in conjunction with this option, the date entered in the New Students Enter Date option will be used when the school’s Next Year Start Date (LOC.NSD) is not populated.
- Use Schools Next Year Start Date when populated. When selected, the school’s Next Year Start Date (LOC.NSD) will be used to populate the Student’s Enter Date (STU.ED) for students that are added to a new school in the new year database. The Next Year Start Date field can be found in School Info | School Options page in Aeries.
- Copy Next Grade to Grade, add 1 to Next Grade. Will copy the Next Grade (STU.NG) field from last year into the Grade (STU.GR) field for the new year. It will also copy over the Next Grade field and increase it by one.
- Do NOT Bump Grades (14, 15, 16, 17) when the grade is checked, the rollover will not increase the Grade (STU.GR) in the new year.
- Only copy Student (STU) records under 25 years of age - This option will skip students 25 years of age and older.
- Keep the same Locker assignments will leave the locker number the same as the current year if previously assigned.
- Keep Secondary Counselors will leave the counselor (STU.CU) the same as in the current year.
NOTE: This option is meant for Secondary Schools only and should NOT be checked for Elementary and Elementary with Master schools
- Copy Next Teacher to Teacher will copy over the Next Teacher field (STU.NT) from last year into the CU field.
- Copy Next School of Residence to School of Residence - will copy over the Next Residence School field (STU.NRS) from last year into the Residence School field (STU.RS).
- Copy Next Inter/Intra District to Inter/Intra District will copy over the Next Inter/Intra District field (STU.NIT/STU.NTD) from last year into the IT/ITD field.
- Copy Next Track to Track will copy over the Next Track field (STU.NTR) from last year into the Track (STU.TR) field.
- Copy Next Program(s) to Program(s) will copy over the Next Program fields (STU.NSP/STU.NP1/STU.NP2) from last year into the Program fields (STU.SP/STU.AP1/ STU.AP2)
- Copy Next Grid Code to Grid Code will copy over any non-blank Next Grid Code field (STU.NGC) from last year into the Grid Code field (STU.GC).
NOTE: Some schools may have different settings. Remember to update all schools with the appropriate rollover settings. Also, the Inactive School does not need special School Based rollover settings configured because these settings are ignored anyway when a student is copied to the Inactive School.