This error occurs because all students, reported as a concentrator or completer within a Career Pathway, must contain at least one CTE course within the CALPADS SCSC file extract associated with the Career Pathway within the same academic year. These courses must contain the state course code as defined in CALPADS Valid Combinations – Course Group Master Combos.
Do not address ANY CERT errors until after the enrollment updates (SENR, SINF, SELA and SPRG) files and the EOY course submission (SDEM, CRSC, SCSC and SCTE) files have been posted with few to no errors. Most CERT errors are caused by file extracts that have not yet been posted error-free or from data that has not been correctly populated in Aeries.
- Confirm that the course has been properly identified for CTE reporting.
- Confirm that the student has a current year record in the Career Pathway.
- Confirm that the student has the course in their transcript. (HIS table).
- Check CALPADS Code Values for any "blank" translations.
- Confirm CALPADS Valid Code Combinations for CTE Career Pathway.
Students must follow the course sequence in a pathway. Due to State reporting requirements, LEA's will be unable to pass the validations for certification if students complete the courses out of order.
For more information, please reference CALPADS Valid Code Combinations.