A concurrent or dual enrolled student is a student who is enrolled at two schools at one time. An example would be an 8th grader enrolled at a middle school who is taking a class at the high school. If a student is concurrently enrolled and a pre-enrollment record needs to be created for scheduling purposes, do not add an additional student enrollment record. Modify the concurrent enrollment record as follows:
- Set the Student Status Tag (STU.TG) to "*" to identify the student as pre-enrolled.
- If a student was inactivated during the school year, change the Student Status Tag (STU.TG) to "*".
- Set the Next Program (STU.NSP) field to "Regular Program" to remove the "Concurrent" designation.
- In STU.TG Values to Skip which is located in CALPADS Extracts Other Options page, do not select to skip the Pre-Enrolled for Next Year option.
- The EOY CALPADS extracts will include the end date for the student's concurrent enrollment.
- The student can have course requests added to this enrollment record for scheduling purposes.
If a concurrently enrolled student will not returning, enter a Next Grade (STU.NG) = 13 to prevent the concurrently enrolled student from being scheduled and rolling over into the next year.